The Client's Responsibility
This information will help you successfully manage your case:
- KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOUR ATTORNEY AT ALL TIMES.
DO NOT MAKE YOUR SITUATION WORSE.
- Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Greenville phone number is 864-467-8522. The Pickens phone number is 864-898-5577.
- Keep your phone number and address up to date. If we cannot contact you, we cannot defend you.
- Court notices are sent to the address on file.
- If you move, and do not notify us of an address change you may receive a bench warrant for failure to appear.
- Failing to receive the court notice is not an excuse for missing court.
- If your attorney is not available, leave a voice message. Or your attorney's assistant may be able to provide you with basic
information; such as a court date, or updating a phone number or address. HOWEVER, they are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice.
MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION FOR COURT.
- A client should not talk to anyone-including friends or relativesabout the facts of the case. They may be called to testify against you.
- Don't drink or use drugs. If you need help, seek out local resources. Ask your attorney.
- Comply with the terms of your bond.
- Do not contact a victim. The solicitor may revoke your bond, and put you back in jail if you have contact with a victim.
THE CLIENT SHOULD BE A PARTNER TO HIS LAWYER AND HELP MAKE DECISIONS.
- Dress in neat and clean clothes: No shorts, tank tops or other casual attire. Body jewelry should be kept to a minimum.
- Be respectful. When you are before a judge respond "Your Honor", or "Sir", or "Ma'am."
- Be honest.
- Do not slouch, wear hats, or chew gum in court.
- The client decides:
- Whether to go to trial or take a plea agreement.
- Whether or not to testify.
- The lawyer is responsible for making strategic decisions:
- What motions to file.
- Whether to object to a question in court.
- What witnesses to call to the witness stand for testimony in court.